Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick & Nova Scotia


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick
September 21st 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi, All --
We've had several wonderful days around the Bay of Fundy, both the New Brunswick and the Nova Scotia sides. You probably already know this, but Fundy Bay has the highest tides in the world (at least they claim . . . ), topping out at around 55 feet on a really high tide. Some of the photos below were taken at low tide and you just have to imagine the same scene with 50 plus feet of water moving in within six hours. Some of the shots are from the Fundy Scenic Drive. Part of the road opened just last year and eventually they want to build it all the way to Fundy National Park. It took us over two hours to reach this scenic road although, as the crow flies, it would have taken perhaps 30 minutes from the Park.
I'm sending this TravelBlog link along with 12 photos and will send another blog or two with additional photos within the next couple of days. It's beginning to rain today so we won't be travelling that much in the next day or so (it's Thursday) and I'll have time to work on the blogs -- which entails going through perhaps 400 photos to pick out the best. All for you, my friends! This afternoon we're taking a 3 hours ferry ride from Digby back to New Brunswick, so I'll have some time then.
Our best, Paula & Bob


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb