Seen that and what's ahead


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Miramichi
August 31st 2014
Published: August 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well it's early and I'm up, while everyone else sleeps I figured it was a good time to add some things we have done. We arrived on Thursday and Tom's sister Shelia could not believe we were there. Her children came over with their children and we had a nice visit. Friday we were up and out the door, left a note gone for a little drive. We left at 8:00 and returned around supper. New Brunswick travel in one of their travel books gives a scenic driving map. It is made up of 5 different routes, so we thought we drive for a bit and follow the map, wedid the Acadian coastal drive and needless to say we finished almost the entire route. Turning back at Port Elgin and leaving Sacville as the only place left to go. We stopped in Shediac and saw the giant lobster, walked on a beach Fred playing in the waves. The wind was really strong the day of our drive, but the sun was out so it made it perfect day. Tom got to see the Confederation bridge, which made his day. The Mosquitos here are huge, even in the wind they find you! Not even by the water are you safe. We took the highway back less scenic but a lot quicker. It took us about 5 hours with stops to get down the coast and only about 2 to get back.

Yesterday was hang out around house days. With one quick trip to town for some supplies. Had to go to at least one dollar store lol, and the Walmart here has the same type of service as the ones in Hamilton, line ups and people who don't really know where anything is. But the one thing about big chains is they are all set up the same.

Today it is a bit cloudy and windy hope it clears up as we are heading out in a bit to go to the Hopewell rocks, where as they say in the brouchere you can walk on the ocean floor. Then accross the Confederation bridge ( oh boy have I said I don't like bridges lol) over to PEI. We will probably stay the night there explore a bit of the island tomorrow and then it's either ferry back which will drop us in Nova Scotia or take the bridge back and drive into Nova Scotia just say we were there lol.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb