Hopewell rocks


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Hopewell Cape
September 1st 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

There are 2 motels near the rocks and the one did not take dogs so we ended up @ the Chocolate River motel. The rooms were clean, but other then a bed toilet, sink and tub, they didn't offer much. I knew going in that it was no where 5 star, but was hoping at least for a mini fridge lol. We then went to eat Tom had spotted a place on our way to the motel, so we went to check it out. Pauline's place was the name of the restaurant and there were several cars in the lot, so it looked promising. But unless you were a regular, they didn't seem to care about our business. We were group 3 of the 6 groups there, and watching the waitress with the others that lived there was mildly entertaining. Because of the holiday and guess they had a busy weekend, there was not much in the way of options on the menu, the food was good and the plates had large helpings, guess the cook didn't know we were not regulars 😊 I then talked Tom into going to the rocks as you can drive to the outside of the park and go in. The hike down the trail to the bottom was fairly far, the mosquitos were really bad and it was staring to get dark, so did not get all the way to see the Bay of Funday at high tide. Back to our room we went. Took Fred out for one last washroom break and the mosquitos were insane so we dove back in for cover. When we had checked in I was given a ticket for breakfast, but when it was given to me she did say "you can have breakfast if they show up", so knowing this i stashed away a couple of buns, and a bag of chips for mooring in case.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb