Low tide


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » New Brunswick » Hopewell Cape
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sure enough up and ready to go and no one at the motel not even to had in the key. So a bun each and we were off to the rocks. The morning was cloudy and cool, but we were determined to go. We walked down and I kept thinking boy I hope there is a shuttle back up lol, Fred as always sniffing all the way and excited to see where we were going. Once at the bottom it was a beautiful as I thought it would be. Then I could hear a strange noise coming from out in the water, and I could see the rain coming our way. We walked along the edge of the rocks while poured rain for a bit, once it let up we continued. Had it been nicer I think I could have spent hours down there. Once we got back up the steps and just the steps not the entire trail we stopped for a coffee, juice and tokens for the shuttle back up. The shuttle was a 4 seater golf cart, Fred's eyes popped out when it started up, he is such a brave soul lol. It was still spitting rain so I headed to gift shop and Tom headed to the truck. We were then off, to our next adventure Cape Enrage, and the sun came out.

On the way to the cape and lighthouse we came across a beach and stopped to walk around, because it was low tide the beach to the water went on for probably two city blocks and was about half a mile wide, with huge cliffs on either side. The sand was silky soft, and within minutes your foot steps would disappear. Cape Enrage has a light house with a fog alarm which was going off while we were there, as the fog and clouds had followed us. We toured around for a bit but I was unable to walk down by the beach there as the steps were metal grate types and you could see down and with little food (by now it was close to noon) and afraid of heights I was a little shaky. So back in the truck and off to get food and Tom's sister's.

Cape Enrage offers zip a zip line, Kayaking, rappelling and climbing it is run by students in the summer and once they go back to school there is only a few days they offer these services, it also has a great story and history behind it worth a read for theses interested. Almost for got to mention on a good day you can see Nova Scotia, we could only make out a slim outline of it. It will decently be a place to go back to and see on a nicer day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb