Winnipeg


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba » Winnipeg
May 23rd 2010
Published: May 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We went to Viva for lunch which is a Vietnamese restaurant which is ridiculously cheap and exceedingly tasty. We had springs roll and then a dish of noodles, lettuce,soup and meat and the peanut butter sauce was super tasty. We packed some things and end for the lake which was just over an hour drive on the most straight, flat and wide roads ever. The cabin was beautiful and reminded me of when I went camping when I was younger. Marie, Curt, Marie's mum Mamay and her sister Jeanne and her husband were there. We had taken some beer and wine so we cracked open a beer and relaxed and watched the black hawks vs San Jose. We strolled down to the lake which was about an 8 minute walk. The lake was massive and the sand was beautiful it was completely sandy including in the water which was nice. It was a hot day but the water was cold so none of us swam. We went back to the cabin where i feel asleep for a while and then SY and I went to play mini golf. Some of them were super hard but we both managed a hole in one at some point and I won just which is amazing. We got ice cream and headed back. Curt cooked burgers in the afternoon so we went that hungry but we still had dinner which was chicken, pirogies and veg. It was my first pirogi and it was so so so tasty. SY and I played cards for a while (we played hockey which is a good 2 player game) but after we got bored and couldn't think of any other games his mum joined in and we played rummie and then when it got cold we went inside and everyone joined in (his aunt and uncle had gone by then). So we drank, ate and played cards which was a good laugh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb