Assiniboine Park Zoo


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba » Winnipeg
July 4th 2018
Published: May 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

When researching our trip, we saw that the zoo seemed to be very nice. We all love animals anyways. We visited the zoo and surrounding park this day. It was not far from our hotel and the airport.

It was well laid out and nice to walk through. There were hardly any crowds at first so it was nice. We ended near where the polar bears were, and had lunch at the zoo cafe. I had my first poutine there, and although I was hesitant to try it, I really liked it. After the zoo, we walked around Assiniboine Park. This is where more of my wife's research came into play. She found out that Winnie the Pooh was based off of Winnipeg the Bear, and that there was a statue in the park. I would never have known. It is nothing major, but pretty cool to see and learn about it.

At closing time, we got a taxi from the zoo back to our hotel. Although a nice hotel, there was not much around it, and it was pretty industrial. There were not many food choices, so we had dinner at a nearby Denny's. It was good and had good service.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb