Winnipeg, eh?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba » Winnipeg
July 3rd 2018
Published: May 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

In December of 2017, we had taken my father into our home since he was having early stages of dementia. We were wanting to take him on an easy trip. We had taken to Atlanta for a few days in May, and he enjoyed it.

I have always wanted to visit Winnipeg, and the flight loads were great for stand by travel.

We flew from Indianapolis to Minneapolis on Delta Connection 5460, a CRJ-900 aircraft, and all 4 of us sat in first class. Our connection was Delta Connection flight 5340, and it was the same CRJ-900 that we had flown up on. We all had the same first class seats as well. Minneapolis was having a thunderstorm, but it cleared as we got close to Winnipeg. Our arrival was simple. The Immigration Agent was joking that why were we in Winnipeg, because nobody goes to Winnipeg. I told him that "we aren't nobody". Before leaving the airport, we had some Timmie's. We had gotten a great hotel rate at the Days Inn by the airport and the staff were all wonderful!

We put our stuff up and got a taxi down to The Forks. We ate lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. We have always liked that place, and our local location is not that convenient for us to visit. After lunch, we took a little river cruise that was fun and relaxing. We learned a lot from it as well. We mostly just walked around the downtown until dinner time. I often travel on the fly, which is okay, but it can be easy to miss things. My wife likes to research before the trip. Well, she found a restaurant called Mitzi's Chicken Finger Restaurant. It did sound good, but I thought how good could it really be? Well, we went for dinner, and it was excellent!

After dinner, we got a taxi back to the hotel and got a good night's sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb