Day 14: Father's Day on the summer solstice


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 21st 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.7529, -124.761

So here we are, Day 14. It has all disappeared so quickly. The last day and it just so happens to be Father's Day and the summer solstice....the longest hours of daylight.

A late brunch started the day again with perfect timing for the BBQ. Mac had been planning to try it all cruise, but for whatever reason we always seemed to just miss out. Not today. No way. In line and right there for the fresh pulled pork and crackling. What a great start to Father's Day.

Have to say that as the last day of our cruise it was a non-event, but to be fair that was our choice. We did a bit of balcony time and watched the ocean and land slide by (a few waves every now and then), took in the talent show from the crew (loved it because Washy Washy Maria performed) and gathered up a few forms we needed for disembarkation.

The Casino had one last visit today and we still had $18.61 left from this week's $20 stake. We were excited with Jalpeno man and strung it out for quite some time. But the end result is always the same. Mac still had his stake from poker but there were no players so he cashed in his chips. Not before I had discovered my "new favourite" machine and slid another $20 into the "Crystal Bar". Certainly got my money's worth on this one and had a ball .... but it was still a big loser.

The prelude to dinner was a karaoke final (we were watching not singing!) and a little bit of duty free bottl-o to take to Mindy and Ian.

The big finale dinner was at Moderno - Mac's unquestioned favourite. More clam chowder, more meat than we can handle and a fix of chocolate for desert. A great night that epitomised the sensational eating of the last few weeks.

The finale Stardust Show, a bit of packing, some form filling.... and that was it.....except that Mac found late night amusement in playing "hide the origami mouse." He thought he was very funny.

Sunday
Temperature: 12C
Pedometer:
Bear Sightings = 0

Total Bear Sightings = 12

Things @AuntyGail and @Paul forgot to tell us about cruising:

1. You don't really know what the name of the day is as the cruise progresses.

2. It is all over way too quickly.

3. You collect so much extra "stuff".

4. Always buy your duty free limit of beverages.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd June 2015

Well, I'm feeling a little sad for you both now.......where did that 2 weeks go????.....last day is always such a downer - to think it is all over.The good thing though, you still have more time with Mindy & Ian to go - now that should
ease 'last day cruise' pain!!!!!!!!!!!........xxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb