Back home in BC for a couple of weeks....


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back home to BC for a couple of weeks

From April 8th to 24th we were back in BC to attend to a few things (yes we did our income tax too) as well as to reconnect with family and friends. We flew on April 7th from Isla de Margarita to Caracas and overnight to Toronto then on to Vancouver. A very different feeling to land in Vancouver and see the spring springing with cherry blossoms and daffodils and croci everywhere! And people are speaking English! Plus there are English bookstores!

Thank you to Sheila and Pat for providing us with a home away from home -just a few feet from our house! (as our house is rented out all this year). So lovely to visit together!! xoxox And a great fun night with Betty and Bruno too! Plus our dear friend Lucy was in town from London, Ontario to visit with her new baby grandgirl Kim Rauda Pratt. Lovely to meet Kim and congratulate proud parents Pax and Sandra and Granny Lucy in person!

We rented a car and drove to Kelowna for a good visit with Al’s parents -thank you Helen and George! And stops both ways at Sheila and Karl’s in Grand Forks -thank you! Thank you! And thank you Judith and David for joining us there for lunch -and to you Diane and David for the lunch and visit time in Nelson! xoxoxo. It was all wonderful!

And then to Kaslo for 10 wonderful days at Tyler and Nikki’s and playing with our grandboys. Elwyn turned 3 on April 19th and Xavier turned 6 months the day we arrived, on April 12th. They are (of course!) beautiful and delightful and it was so great to be with them in person -an improvement over our skype video calls -which are fun but not quite like being there! We celebrated Elwyn’s 3rd birthday - a Pirate Party in the Park - in the snow! On April 19th -most unusual weather! All the kids were in their snow suits and dressed in amazing black pirate vests made by Nikki and bandanas and eye patches - plus of course there was a treasure hunt. A fabulous party time!

And I, Robin, had the treat of a lovely women’s gathering at Emily’s -thank you Emily and all! I also was able to meet with 4 nurse educator friends about my plans for teaching at IUBAT in Dhaka, Bangladesh in June and July, and learn from there about their experiences there - and that was really excellent -plus my visa arrived back from Ottawa and I am now set -as much as I can be I think!

It was great to reconnect with many family and friends in our brief touch down in our homeland -and our apologies to those we missed but we shall see you in the New Year!

Good bye to BC for another 8 months and off to Singapore we go! 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb