B.C.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 20th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post


We were so excited to see the “Welcome To BC” border!!! It was such an amazing feeling, we were giddy and amazed and were looking at the land around us like it the most fascinating thing we had ever seen. We are so excited to be almost home!!!!!



Our first night in BC we stayed in an abandoned lot. The owner of the lot ended up pulling up to us in his quad and giving us shit for camping without his permission. It was the first time all trip we had not been warmly welcomed by the locals..and it was in our own province!



We spent our next night in Yahk and were treated so well by a nice couple that took us in, that it made up for the night before. Camping near us was Doug and Marlese, a great couple that invited us for dinner at their site, fed us wine until we were goofier versions of ourselves and made us a campfire. We have really seen the best in people on this trip as there has been no shortage of people along the way that have spoiled us with whatever they could.



From Yahk we’ve stayed on a series of beaches, taken many days off, and have been taken care of by friends and family throughout BC. We spent time in Nelson which we fell in love with!! Live music on the streets and in all the bars and restauaunts, so many events going on, street-side cafes and hippies everywhere made us want to be Nelson-ites! Brad even bought a hemp bracelet!! We spent the night in some botanical gardens (ignoring the “no camping” sign, of course) and spent the night tent-less and under the stars on a cliff by a waterfall.



Next we hit Christina Lake, where we arrived in the evening, set up camp on the beach and stayed for two nights!!! This was very against the rules, but we just don’t ever seem to get in trouble! It was so nice to be back in Christina Lake (I used to holiday there with my family yearly) and we had lots of fun sunning, swimming and eating ice cream, which we’ve gotten very good at.



Next stop was Osoyoos, and our biggest and hardest climb yet! It was 146km from Christina Lake to Osoyoos with a pass and the giant Osoyoos hill between us but we managed to do it all in one exhausting day. There we were taken care of by my mother’s friend Terry and recovered from our big riding day by canoeing, mini golfing and wandering town. This life is rough!



We climbed from Osoyoos to Priceton where we are now and are staying with Brad’s billets from his hockey days. Next we are heading to Manning Park to meet my sister and then we’ll be dangerously close to home…





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

FernieFernie
Fernie

Little ski town


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb