We made it!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Langley
August 20th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Finish LineThe Finish LineThe Finish Line

Aug 5, We arrive home in Langley with all our friends and family.
Hello Everyone! As you may have noticed, our blog has had some major problems as of late. It was a problem with the entire site, not just our entries, and for a while we had lost all our blogs we had written so far! We got all our blogs back, however, and are now able to add our last few entries to complete the ensemble! So we are sorry about the delay, but things could have been a lot worse!!!

So we are home now!! We got home on August 5th (we began our journey on May 6 so it took 3 months exactly!) and we were greeted at the Albion ferry by some friends and family. We had some visitors ride with us from the ferry to Brad's house where we were greeted by more friends and family. We had a great evening of seeing the people we missed and telling stories in the Fraser back yard.

The following weekend we started at Brad's house and cycled to the Tsawassen ferry terminal. We then rode from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal to mile zero of the Trans Canada Highway! We were greeted by family of Brad's who live or were staying in Nanimo; they had the camera out, a big banner welcoming us, and lots of cheers for us - it was so exciting! We posed for pictures and felt like celebrities, even strangers stopped and congratulated us! Finally, we went down to the beach and dipped our bike wheels into the Pacific Ocean! We had dipped our wheels into the Atlantic Ocean, and gone to "the most easterly point of North America" via the East Coast trail in Newfoundland, and now we had made it to mile 0 of the Trans Canada Hy and dipped our wheels in the Pacific Ocean...we were ofically finished!! It was a very bittersweet feeling of being so happy to have completed our journey but also being a bit sad about it being over.

This has been our most incredible experience, thank you to all of you for being a part of it! Whether we met you along the way, or we recieved e-mails from you from home, or even if you just followed along on our blog, thank you for supporting us throughout our journey! It is great to be home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st August 2007

Congratulations
Great to meet you guys in Regina SK, so jealous, loved reading the posts this morning at work, thanks! What a trip!!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb