Beautiful BC Mountains


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 15th 2005
Published: July 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Rogers PassRogers PassRogers Pass

Glacier fields above Rogers Pass.
We took things a little slower today. We made our way from Golden, BC to Kamloops, BC. Before we left, we got groceries at a market and picked up some of that 'Kick Ass Kicking Horse Cafe Coffee' (Golden and Kicking Horse Pass are one and the same).
As we then made our way to Kamloops, we stopped at a lot of places along the way. When we were going through Rogers Pass we stopped to get park passes in order to be able to do a few of the trails/boardwalks. A great way to break up the drive by getting out, stretching and doing some walking. Unfortunately it was raining today, but that did not stop us from doing some exploring. Amazing how it can be raining, yet when you're in the trails the massive trees capture the rain and you stay dry.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

WildlifeWildlife
Wildlife

Signs everywhere to watch for moose, mountain goats, elk, deer and bears.... and this is as close as we got to anything, the mountain dog.
Houseboat Helicopter ToursHouseboat Helicopter Tours
Houseboat Helicopter Tours

On the side of the road in Sicamus, Helicopter Tours being offered on a day when you could reach out and touch the clouds. This guy must be confused, that is no helicopter, its a houseboat!!


17th July 2005

Great Reading
We are enjoying your trip with you. Could you send us a little snow to cool us off. We are still in the heat wave. Happy Anniversary Monday!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb