Our first day At Sea


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 26th 2018
Published: August 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Everyone had a good sleep last night. We had ordered breakfast to be delivered to our room at 8:00 and right on time there was a knock at the door and good old Wally arrived with our breakfast. Jack was rather ravenous and he ate his cereal, my sausage, grandma's bacon and some fruit. Talia on the other hand only tried some dry toast as the gentle rocking of the boat made her a bit queasy. Grandma and Talia got dressed and went upstairs to get some ”fresh air”. The steward delivered some crackers and green apples to help with Talia's queasiness and it worked. She was back on track quickly. We went out onto the observation deck to take some pictures of the coastline Before having lunch at a restaurant tailor made for the kids called the Dive Inn.......burgers, hotdogs, etc. After lunch we spent an hour in the pool. We all managed to get wrinkled before drying off. We were planning to attend a music concert at 2:00 but when we arrived at 2:00, the venue was full so we learned an important lesson.....show up early. Instead, we found a nice lounge area where the kids played UNO while we read our novels.....very relaxing until the line dancing started across the hall. Jack and I went to our room to play chess while the girls toured the shops. The kids wanted another swim before supper so we spent another hour in the pool. Tonight was a dress up night for dinner so we all got into our nice clothes and headed off to the restaurant for dinner. After our meal we went to the main stage Theater for a musical presentation by the singers and dancers aboard the ship. By 9:15 we were back for some quiet time before bed. Tomorrow we land in Juneau and we plan to leave The ship to explore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb