Vancouver to Victoria


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
May 25th 2018
Published: May 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After our last breakfast at our cute b&b, we arranged to leave our bags there whilst we walked the few blocks to the car rental depot. We were given the keys to a white Dodge journeyman SUV, with a leather interior and tinted windows. It looks big and has very comfy seats, so should be perfect for our travels.

Having retrieved our bags from the b&b, we set off to negotiate our way out of Vancouver to Tsawwassen to catch the ferry to Swartz bay on Vancouver Island. This proved to be a very enjoyable ferry crossing of just over 1 and a half hours, with beautiful views of many small islands, as we weaved our way past them and numerous other boats and ferries.

Our destination on reaching Vancouver Island was the renowned Butchart Gardens. Now, as is rather common knowledge, neither of us are 'gardeners' but we had been told it was a must see and how right the information was. This was a magical place with different 'wow' moments around every corner. We were both suitably impressed and maybe even inspired!!

We then continued our journey to our next abode in Victoria. Another 'wow' moment occurred when we opened the door of our room. Here we have a suite with a very large living/kitchen area complete with leather sette, small balcony and two huge beds and two walk in wardrobes.
Our final outing of the day was to Fisherman's Wharf, where we yet again ate our meal sitting outside in pleasant evening sunshine, watching the people of Victoria and the many visitors, enjoying Friday evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



26th May 2018

Getting greener by the day
So pleased the sun continues to shine for you. it all looks just as I left it!!! Did you find the Dolly Partons above Vancouver?
27th May 2018

I didn't know what you were referring too, but Dave instantaneously did and replied 'yes, but they had a topping!
27th May 2018

Dolly
Trust a fella to know what I meant! Keep travelling! Don't worry about me I am going to cut the grass. Enjoy.

Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb