Snowboarding Camp!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
April 13th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Snowboarding camp was really fun. We did turns from leaning on your heels and back on your toes. I got really dizzy from it. We also did these things called zigzags. It's where you go to the left, stop on your heels, turn a bit and go right. We also did sideslipping. Sideslipping is leaning on your heels and just tilting it a little bit and going down the mountain exactly horizontally on your board and going not too fast or you faceplant into the snow. We also went on the chairlift and did turns the whole way down. I was so dizzy at the end of the day.

On the second day at the very end it was snowing a lot. It was snowing because there was lots of cold wind from the North Pole blowing down towards Canadia and the temperature was -5. The snow was super cool, eh? When it's snowing the Canadians call it "flurries". Why? I have no idea.

I did three days of snowboard camp and on the last day we had nacho for afternoon tea. Every single day I got confused because the toilets were called washrooms and there are six types of coins, pennies (1 cent), nickels (5 cents), dimes (10 cents), quarters (25 cents), loones (1 dollar) and toonies (2 dollars). They also have 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar notes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb