Last week in the snow


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bear 3Bear 3Bear 3

Di and Sy get maulled by this massive beast.
So here we are in our third and final week here in what has recently become rainy Whistler. Last week brought heaps of fresh snow along with temperatures of -17 C, while this week a lot of the snow has tuned either icy (sore to fall on!) or slushy (wet to fall on...), however a storm is a brewin' and our fingers are crossed for a big dump of powder for our final few days of boarding.

Other than boarding almost every day, we have been have been sampling the local beers and falling asleep very early (Di, sometimes at 7PM). We also went to see the weekly "Fire and Ice" show in Whistler Village where very brave (crazy?!) boarders and skiers jump through a hoop of fire, do some spins and usually wipe out (see the video!).

We will be leaving here on Saturday for Vancouver and plan to go to Seattle for a few days. Next time we update this we will hopefully have more interesting news other than "we have been snowboarding", not that it's not exciting and we have got a bit better at it!!

Hope you like the pictures (of more snow!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View from the PeakView from the Peak
View from the Peak

After 3 shots we got all 4 eyes open. You can see the Black Tusk in the background to the left.


7th March 2007

Wot no comments?
Hi Di and Gareth, Glad to hear you're having a great time...and getting out of the cold weather soon! Thought I'd be the first to add a comment. Can't believe you haven't had any yet. By the way, glad to see that the pics of you two have improved! That original one was appauling!! Take care and have fun! Mandy x

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb