...the hard work


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 25th 2006
Published: November 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

some of the hard work includes doing the activations. in vancouver there was three events at UBC where we ran the Shave Lab... the Great Trek Run was on Thursday, the football game was on Friday, and the basketball game was on Saturday. Emily and her friends came for the weekend, and another job popped up on us from geoff's company, so we really had our hands full. friday, saturday, and sunday had us working all of the daylight hours and playing most of the remaining hours. it didn't leave much time for sleeping!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

coolcool
cool

a shot of the shave lab from the rear. just outside of the basketball game.
the shave lab at the great trekthe shave lab at the great trek
the shave lab at the great trek

one of the activations was at UBC's great trek run. we were right in the middle of campus and got a lot of traffic through the lab. dr. smooth kept pretty busy
the great trekkersthe great trekkers
the great trekkers

although i didn't really look into it, the great trek is apparently a tradition at UBC... it's a 5 km run through campus as well as some of the wooded areas on campus.
motorola q winnermotorola q winner
motorola q winner

this guy won the instant givaway prize... a cellphone. he and his bud were pretty excited about it.
our friend robynour friend robyn
our friend robyn

we were surprised to meet robyn, an old friend from high school, coordinating the half time show at the football game! small world.
dr. smooth and the team on the pitchdr. smooth and the team on the pitch
dr. smooth and the team on the pitch

dr. smooth and the team ran a smooth lines contest at the half time show of the football game. the contestents had to deliver their "smoothest" pick up lines to the crowd and win their approval. the crowd decided the eventual winner.
t bird and dr. smootht bird and dr. smooth
t bird and dr. smooth

the UBC thunderbird like hanging out with the team.
the teamthe team
the team

heading to a secret experiment. mysterious. elusive. smooth.
mike and ted... practicingmike and ted... practicing
mike and ted... practicing

another example of a small world... we know mike and ted from high school and they delivered their "smooth moves" in front of the basketball crowd. here they are practicing before showtime.
the crewthe crew
the crew

here are the contestants, mike and ted, the team, and the tbird. good times.


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1018.5kb