Day 32 - Canada we are here!!!


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sadly we left Whidbey Island this morning. It was a lovely park and since it was on a Naval Station the price was just a lovely. We had a beautiful sunset last night and Joe did a great job with the pictures. This morning it was clear enough to actually see Mount Ranier, which we heard does not happen very often. We made it past customs into Canada. All the prep we did to have all the dogs shot records, our car insurance cards showing we were covered in Canada and all they asked for was our passports. They did ask us what kind of food we had in our rig.. When we said the usual stuff like milk, cereal, meat & cheese, the lady then asked "do you have any fruit"? Thank goodness we had eaten the last strawberry and peach this morning. The drive was uneventful to our campsite in Capilano (north end of Vancouver). The guys had a slight heartattack about how narrow the sites are, but they all did a great job getting our rigs into place. We all took a deep breath at gas prices and will never complain about what we pay in S.A. ever again. Once we computed liters to gallons the price per gal is $5.54. The budget has now been blown all to pieces..


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb