At least the rent is paid!!


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So it's been a little while since the first entry and I just thought I'd give a run down of what has happened.

Since the last entry work at cypress has officially ended, big staff day of boarding and free food was put on for all staff from the season. Was a really good day and good to get in the snow one last time. That night went to a going away for one of the aussie girls from the mountain, got conned into going to the gay bar here in Vancouver because apparently it was "straight night." Rest assured straight night is still pretty crooked and no one knows it better than Matt!!

Since then our lease at our apartment has run out and we have been staying at The Samesun backpackers hostel in downtown Vancouver. Not a bad place to stay, we were in a 4 person dorm so we got a few room mates over the weeks, started out with a stripper, then a norweigen physics student and lastly had a british guy named Paul from Jersey Island.

In other news we did our first official tourist type thing and went to the aquarium in
The guest services familyThe guest services familyThe guest services family

We were the only ones left by April everyone else from G Serv had bailed
Stanley park. It was pretty cool and not too pricey thank the lord. Hopefully it may get us started and more tourist-like attractions may get our attention over the following months.

Toby left to England two days ago and Matt and I have moved into an unfurnished apartment back in Nth Van. The reason for the title is that Matt has about $5 in his wallet and I have $15 but at least our rent is paid up till the end of the month. We both got jobs at princess cruises as shore staff but don't start for about a week and won't get paid for about another week after that, so we are living on potatoes, and vegemite on bread (thanks mum and Mel for the vegemite).

Anyway that's about my lot hopefully next time i write i'll be rolling in the green stuff but until then at least I know what it's like to really live live a backpacker haha.

Have some new photos but will upload them next time. Keep in touch everyone. Later.

Blacky


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th May 2006

Broke
Poor broke Blacky.. ha.. you know we are here for a loan babe.. Love ya.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb