hippies with iPhones


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in Vancouver at 7am, who in the world thinks that it is a good idea to arrive at 7 AM from sixteen hour flight. I mean flights suck, lets face it, you sit wedged in these crammy chairs, with a TV about 10 inches from your nose. You paid far too much for the flight, so you try to watch every single movie, in foreign languages if you have to, even if they dont have subtitles just to arrive exhausted at the other end. It's like teleporting except a really painfully boring way.

Thanks to the date border it was yesterday again, bloody time travels, I almost arrived before I started flying away. I was confused and decided to pass out at the airport for some hours.

Later, I caught up with a friend in town, one moment I was sleeping in a surprisingly empty airport, the next second I am in a full bus sourrounded by hippies with iPhones. And georgeous girls. Ok, maybe it is because NZ girls (this is not necessarily my opinion) got voted the ugliest in the word....or maybe it is just true or they are just more interesting to look at, skating by on their longboards, with side hawks or fully blown mohawks. Maybe it is the iPhone or that they don't wear tights as pants.

We Went down to Commercial. Great street, lots of funky shops, second hand book shops, aisan super markets, interesting people to look at and a cool jaguar themed cafe off commercial and around 7th. It is more like an antique store run by a guy who has a strange love for really ugly jaguar lamps, jaguar fire lighters and everything else that has a big black cat on it. You sit in there and don't know where to look and wonder where in hell he got all this stuff from. In the background is an old record player and everyone can be the DJ and flip their favorite disc on. Defineatly worth a visit especially if you want to phone god on the toilet!

Meeting up with some more friends and got poutins from a belgian fries shop. Belgians make awesome chips alright but poutins, these delicious chips in gravy with cheese courds all over them are from Quebec. On first sight they look a bit disgusting, chips swimming in a brown lake but once you get over the appearance and close your eyes if you have to, you are in for a treat!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb