Getting Ready to Go


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
September 1st 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,

Welcome to the first blog posting of the latest trip from Kif and Peter. Actually, Kif is not coming along this time. Instead, there is going to be a female voice in this blog in the guise of Valerie!!!

Valerie and Peter are heading to South America and Antarctica for four months. They arrive in Cartagena and travel down the west coast of the continent, through Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. When they are at the southern tip of Argentina, they go further south and head to Antarctica for a couple of weeks before returning to South America and travelling along the east coast to Brazil, making stops in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay before ending in Rio de Janeiro.

The trip 127 days long, but that is the only way to see all the diversity that South America has to offer. That and the fact that autumn is arriving early in Vancouver and Val and Peter are running away to the sunshine. Just because we are sure that everyone was dying to know, the forecast for the first stop of the trip, Cartagena, which is located on the shores of the Carribean, is 27 degrees and sunny. Ha. Ha. Ha.

In any case, the trip should be fantastic! If you want to subscribe to the blog and be notified of when updates are added, it's free, you're more than welcome to. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep people entertained by our travels.

The next posting will be from Colombia so until then, adios.

Peter and Val

PS. For all you previous readers, don't worry, "Things I learned" will be back!!!


Advertisement



3rd September 2010

Penguins
Remember my penguins... Also, I'm Chinese. I don't like the sun cause I want to be porcelain white! Miss ya, betch!

Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb