Back 2 Vancouver!!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
March 30th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yep, I had already been in Vancouver once… But that doesn’t mean I was fed up with it now, on the contrary. I love Vancouver! So when Freya proposed to go again for a long weekend, to see the concert of the Beautiful Girls, I agreed to come immediately! This time we didn’t need to rush that much, since we’d already seen most of the touristy must-see’s. That was good, cause I’d been ill for a few days and hadn’t completely recovered yet. So we made it an easy-going weekend, but actually still managed to do quite a lot.

This time we decided to fly, since it wouldn’t be worth it to go there by bus for such a short time, and, to be quite honest, the bus ride was not so great that I’d like to do all 30 hours again..

Thursday afternoon, after we arrived in the same hostel as the last time, we explored Downtown and in particularly Gastown a bit further. Last time we only quickly past through it. I love Gastown, it’s one of my favorite parts in Vancouver. Since we still remembered the great cocktail Freya had the last time, we had dinner (and a cocktail J) at the Spaghetti Factory again. We ended the evening in a real Canadian way, in the Buffalo clun, where they had electrical bull riding that evening (nope, sorry, we didn’t go on the bull, so no nice pics).

Friday during the day we went to Kitsalano, a really nice neighborhood next to the sea with a main street which is the prettiest street I’ve seen in whole Vancouver, with a lot of cute little stores. Add a lot of sun to that (we’ve been so lucky all the four days.. amazing!) and you can imagine where my summer feeling came from… Then we went to a beer and wine party on the UBC, wher we could try beers and wines from all around the world. And then.. the original reason of our stay.. The concert!!! It happened to be in the Plaza, which is only about 500 meters away from our hostel, really cool. And the concert was amazing, so many (Australian!) people, and the BG played really well live, my compliments. I kind of had the idea Freya enjoyed the concert too.. 😉

Saturday was our only rainy day, so we did some inside stuff, we went to the Vancouver Art Gallery, to a mall, has some coffee, saw a movie, that kind of things. In the evening we wanted to go out, but since all the line ups where so long, it was crazy, we just went to a bar, which was actually really nice. We had a few beers and chatted a little, actually a really good evening!

On Sunday, our last day we went to Chinatown and the Chinese Garden over there. The garden was really nice, but we still found Chinatown a bit creepy. This feeling got confirmed by the bus driver who told us to get into his bus so we could transfer in a safer area when we asked him for directions. After Chinatown we went to Commercial Drive, a bit east of downtown, which is supposed to be the most European street in Vancouver. Over there we had the greatest lunch ever, I still dream about it. I has some kind of turkey burger with cranberry sauce and Caesar salad as a side, wonderful. After our truly satisfying lunch we explored the street a bit further, and it was indeed very nice. Then it was time to head back to our hostel, get our stuff and… fly back to Calgary. It’s amazing how little time it takes when you go by plane. Especially now we knew how it is to go by bus we really appreciated the convenience.

I was a bit sad having to leave Vancouver, but I was also happy to see everybody again. However, it was really good to be out of Calgary for a while, it really gave me some new spirit, after all the studying and staying mostly on campus for the last days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb