Dynamic Duo in Threes


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

A "PS" to yesterday---
We went to the USA House for a reception on Saturday night. We met a man from Chesterland when we walked into the door. It was Brian Curratt, who is the Freestyle Skiing coach for the Olympic team. Susie has known him since he was a young kid on the Alpine Valley freestyle ski team.. Mickie's daughter went to school with him. What a small world...We also met Carl Lewis who was a gold medal winner many times. We had our picture taken with him. Standing next to him was amazing..He is about 6'6"!!
This was a day of gorgeous weather and walking around the city. We took off this morning to see Canada Place and the torch. What an impressive sight to see! It is located right on the water in view of the mountains. After being blown away by the torch, we walked to Gastown. What a place!! It is an area lined with restaurants and shops, and great old buildings. It is very charming and quaint, and a great place to wander. We walked to Yaletown and stopped at "City Live" This is a place where the Olympic sponsors have venues to show what they do. Vancouver is a beautiful place and a very friendly city. I love it!!
Tomorrow Janice and Mary go to Whistler to see men's slalom skiing, and Steve is on his own to explore the city.

Advertisement



23rd February 2010

Help!
Hi Guys, Did you watch the ice-dancing tonight? Wow that was awesome. Canada winning the Gold must have taken some of the sting out of last night loss to USA in Hockey. Mary could you call me make it collect. . . I need to make a shopping request, Ok. Say Hi to Body Miller tomorrow Go Team U.S,..Mary Catherine

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb