On Board ......


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We boarded the Canadien at 8:30pm last night enroute to Jasper. Sleeping on a train was a first for us and it was quite the adventure. The boys loved the top bunks and slept like logs. Can't say the same for us......seemed that we went around one curve after the next and every freight train in Canada passed us through the night. It was fun to sit in the dome car, play games, watch the freight trains pass, watch the scenery, and spot some deer along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Rocky MountaineerThe Rocky Mountaineer
The Rocky Mountaineer

Early in the morning we saw this train on a siding backing up. This train takes a different route through the Rockies and is supposed to be spectacular.
Our EngineOur Engine
Our Engine

Taken during a brief stop at Kamloops.
Pyramid FallsPyramid Falls
Pyramid Falls

While eating lunch we saw this rare beauty along the tracks.


7th July 2009

Fun
Looks like you're having lots of fun. Can't wait to see pictures of Banff and Lake Louise!
8th July 2009

WOW!!!!!!!
GREAT pictures. Hows the train food? Where the heck is Kamlooapaloosa?
8th July 2009

Beautiful. Hope you are having a great time.
9th July 2009

Believe it or not the train food is excellent - dining car with hot meals 3 times a day. Only problem is that you have to nap alot because you don't have any way to work off the food.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb