Vancouver And Victoria


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Drove to Victoria with Thomas to stay with his other cousin. Its on Vancouver Island. Really small pretty port city. Walked around in the evening and checked it out. Was nice.

Back to Vancouver next day. Didnt see as much of it as I would of liked but alas - there is never enough time to do everything. Walked around the city - its like a mini Toronto. Architecture is all very similar, but on about t 1/5 the size of Toronto's buildings.

Its very green and the weather was great. Really nice to walk around. Stanley park was fun - hired a bike and cycled around it which nice. Interesting thing about Vancouver is that you can see mountains through the streets and then beaches right next to it - something special.

checked out the art gallery as well - was pretty good stuff in there! It was a bad time to go as the City is all being done up for the 2010 winter Olympics so loads of construction in main downtown streets.

If anyone goes to Vancouver - head straight for the bar doolins on Granville. Amazing, live music, soccer on tele, amazing bar staff, good beer..

Cant think much else

Flew in Auckland this morning - missed out on May 3rd as went to sleep on plane (I had 3 seats to myself! HA! made my own bed wooop!) on May 2nd and woke up i New Zealand May 4th. So I hope nothing amazing happened that i missed out on!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb