Days 100 & 102: British Columbia, Vancouver and Grouse Mountain


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 14th 2006
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Day 100: Monday 14th. August 2006: Sunny: We were in Vancouver 6 years ago and missed out on one place due to bad weather so today we decided to go to Grouse Mountain - on the Seabus - a bus up the hill past the Capilano Suspension Bridge and then the Gondola up to Grouse Mountain resort - a wonderful spot for families and tourists with so much going on - hang gliding, ski lifts, live fun entertainment, movies, real live bears and more and absolutely stunning views. Back into North Vancouver and the markets for food - fabulous food.

Day 101: Vancouver Island: Butchart Gardens - Victoria and the home of Emily Carr, Parliament House, Wax Museum and harbour. SEE separate blog.

Day 102: Our last true holiday day out of Australia - so what to do - off to the library to send e-mails; a walk through Chinatown; onto the Skytrain out to Westminster - the paddlesteamer Casino and where we saw the logs being floated down the river; then lunch, train and bus back to the Maritime Museum where "the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) vessel St Roch, built in 1928" the little ship that sailed the North West Passage, is there for all to see and clamber over, and outside is the deep sea sub - the Ben Franklin - which made space exploration history in 1969 by studying the behavior of aquanauts in a sealed, self-contained, self-sufficient capsule. We caught a ferry and bus to Stanley Park where we had a sort of hurried leisurely stroll -through the park and around the lake taking a photo of a fountain which on looking back at our photos was similar to that one on our first day in Helsinki; a bus ride back into town and what seemed like a long, long walk back to our hostel for our last hostel tea and last hostel bed and last hostel shower and sleep. Everything got packed into the case - back pack and all - for our long haul home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Day 100: Canada, Vancouver Day 100: Canada, Vancouver
Day 100: Canada, Vancouver

Up on Grouse Mountain
Day 100: Canada, Vancouver and Grouse MountainDay 100: Canada, Vancouver and Grouse Mountain
Day 100: Canada, Vancouver and Grouse Mountain

Up on Grouse Mountain looking down towards the Capilano area


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb