Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » Stanley Park
February 7th 2006
Published: February 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

5/2/2006
Well a lot has happened since our last entry. We had a great day in Fiji relaxing by the pool, with both of us being sunburnt the only complication (me in particular). Sunscreen wasn't a priority when packing for the North American and European winters, but I wish it was! When we arrived at Nadi airport that night, we learnt that our flight had been delayed by 3 hours - making it two in the morning. There was also a transfer stop at Honolulu that wasn't in our itinerary. We befriended a Hawaiian chick - Bonnie, and a Canadian who had been in Sydney for two years - Mike. We shared a pizza and had some beers, before watching episodes of the OC on Mike's laptop that haven't been aired in Australia yet! When we finally made it to Vancouver it was great to see Phil once we made it through Canadian customs (heaps better than US customs!), and even better to hear he knew about the delay. Vancouver airport is very impressive compared to what we've seen so far. We sat up with Phil until around eleven talking about travel planes, etc, with the intention to minimize the jetlag. AND THAT ENDED A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG SUNDAY!!!

6/2/2006
Today has been designated as International Jetlag Day. We didn't wake up until 11.45 a.m., and other than going for a bit of a walk, we have just been recovering.

7/2/2006
Phil had to wake us up because we our travelling without a watch (how good are we?!), and we were getting a lift into the city when he went to work. We got out at Phil's work and headed towards Stanley Park along the water's edge, with the beanie coming out straight away. It was fine, but only just above zero degrees Celsius.
Phil had tipped us off to hire bikes to ride around Stanley Park, but the shop didn't open until ten so we legged it. Early into the walk we got to take photos of some squirrels, but it wasn't as significant as we thought, as they are like rabbits over here. We ended up walking about three quarters of the park, and it was well worth it, great views of the city and surrounds. The highlight for me was spotting this eagle just sitting in a tree, I hope the photo came out well, because we're finding that the lighting is impacting on our photos. After walking our tails off through the park we headed back into town to check out the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 28; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb