Island in the Sun


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Jasper to Victoria


Day 25.....

Well, they say that parting is such sweet sorrow and for us, saying goodbye to the RV was just that. After 3 weeks we have moved on to more spacious surroundings. It was probably just in time too, as the truck was starting to show signs of our wear & tear. Yesterday Martin proved that he's no Michael Schumacher by setting the breaks on fire after some over-zealous mountain road driving!

Still, its been great & definitely comes highly recommended to those wanting to experience the great outdoors. We drove over 2250kms in the RV and have now also said goodbye to the icing-covered peaks and the rainbow falls of the Canadian Rockies.

We are now on Vancouver Island, home of Pacific Rim National Park & Victoria, to begin another leg of our journey. Thankfully, the weather has now returned to bright sunshine after 3 days of wet n' wild thunderstorms. We're going to be on Vancouver Island for a week & are currently on our second night in Victoria. This, most quintisentially British of cities is actually a lot less tacky than the travel guides suggest. Aside from a number of red double-decker buses, tea shops & English-themed shops (such as Knightsbridge Cakes or Oxford Bookstore!), its actually an extremely amiable & likeable city and the Inner Harbour is beautiful.

Tomorrow we are picking up our first car and travelling up the east coast of the island to Strathcona Provincial Park for another dose of wilderness!

Keep the messages coming, its great to hear from you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th August 2006

A must
Don't miss the British Columbia Museum in Victoria - well worth a visit. There might even be a moose in there!
10th August 2006

Hey, Sorry not written sooner only just got your blogg (no yahoo access at work). Sounds like you are having a fab time, loving the photos. Looking forward to seeing you in about 4 weeks.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb