Vancouver Island


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.4644, -123.38

Well, we made it over to Vancouver Island. The ferry ride was uneventful. It was cloudy and cool that day. We drove to our condo in Parksville. It was pretty nice, right on the ocean. We drove north that afternoon and looked around. The next day we drove to Tofino on the west side of the island. It was a long drive, but worth it.
On Sunday, we drove towards Victoria. We made a stop in Sooke so I could go on a zip line. Well it wasn't just one zip line , but 7 zip lines all the way down this huge hill! The longest was 1000 feet. The rest varied from 200 to 600 feet. Sometimes we were about 175 feet up in the air! It was pretty scary. There were some kids on my tour and they were going upside down and backwards. I was content to just look straight ahead and scream my head off.
After that hair raising experience, we headed to our room in Victoria. Its called the Across The Harbour B&B. What a beautiful place. The room was excellent. The hosts were very friendly and helped us get around Victoria.
Today we take the ferry back to the good old U.S.A. We leave at 3:00PM. We are going to head souheast and stop by MT. Rainier Park and Mount St. Helens Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Stacy and I on a buggy ride in VictoriaStacy and I on a buggy ride in Victoria
Stacy and I on a buggy ride in Victoria

Just as we got to the end of the ride, the horse decided to go for a run with us still in the carriage. It was kind of scary, but fun.


25th June 2009

Zip Line Ride Man I bet that was fun , I would really like to do that, did Stacy do it also. Pictures are beautiful, so now you on your way home, where you going next.
25th February 2012

Do you have any other photos of the horse/carriage? Do you remember the horse's name? or what he looked like?Thanks

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb