A basement job and the 5$ Bed


Advertisement
Published: December 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

As we are finished with building we have to say our fare well to all the animals, who we got to love dearly, and also to Wendy and Silvy, who we got close to as well. We take some final group pictures and drive off the property with many good wishes and a book for Elisa.

However the drive ahead is not long at all. Only ten minutes later we arrive at the Kerstens house where we will stay for the next three days. Helping Kevin with preparing the basement for his parents visit in two weeks.

We have to finish putting up tiles in the bathroom area and also the dry walls need to go up on the sealing and on the walls.

Diego and Kevin get started on the drywalls and Elisa is working with the tiles. Along the way she learned how to use a flex in order to fit the natural stone tiles together in the corner.



In our afternoons off work we finish up our van with curtains and a shelf. After long searches through several Thrift Stores and Craigslist we find a very old, very cheap mattress: just 5 CAD$! Also get pillow cases, bed sheets, a protection sheet for other 5 $ in Duncan. Diego spends like one and a half hour cleaning it and with the protection sheet we finally have a nice bed of our own.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb