Annie's


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had a lovely family day complete with BBQ last night. All the Duncaners were there. Including Sam, the dog.
Greg was playing with Sam, swinging Sam's teddy on a cord and having Sam run after teddy and try and catch him. When he did, he grabbed teddy, growled and shook him back and forth like he was trying to kill him. Then Sam had his way with Teddy. Sam seems to be the reincarnation of a Roman conqueror...
I jumped on the big trampoline with Joey. It's a science. You have to try to get a double-jump, where you come down just after the other person did. Then you get an extra boost from the rebound of the trampoline that's already in progress, and you jump extra high! And Joey did 25 bum-landings, then jump up onto your feet, back on your bum, back on feet.... I could only do 4 before falling over. All the while, Sam is running underneath the trampoline and barking like mad, and I'm concerned I'm gonna land on his head and break his neck. But it's so much fun, and a good work-out. At this very moment, we're sitting around Greg's mom's dining room table, and Greg is extolling the virtues of a Samson LCD 46 inch TV for her and Archie. He appears to speak in tongues, from the look on their faces. He speaks of wondrous boxes that cater to your every video-viewing desires, and of pixies in the LCD screens. Ah, pixels. Gerry and Archie look like they're concerned about Greg's mental health. All the while, Auntie Mabel sits in the living room and interjecting things like "What the HELL do they want a new TV for, their old one is fine! " She doesn't see the need to actually be able to SEE the pictures on the TV, which Archie can't because of his progressive cataracts, and he can't decide to have the surgery yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 990kb