chasing sun and good times


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Squamish
September 8th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Faced with a week of forecasted bad weather in Squamish, and enough experience from a year of living in the area to believe the forecast, we joined up with the rest of our friends from home and hatched plans to go to Skaha for a few days, chasing the sun. The trip started with a night out in Vancouver drinking, dancing to bad music, and then crashing at Tim's place - all 7 of us crashed out on Tims apartment floor made for very cosy accommodation. We put Damo out on the deck due to his tendency for snoring, loudly.

The sun chasing plan worked. We had a good three days of sunshine and climbing. After this we all split up. Ev went home back to keep his business running. Damo went abroad for more adventures on another continent. Jamie, Maria, Bec and Heather went off towards Smith Rock and Jono and I opted for a few more days in Squamish before meeting up with Heather at Smith Rock. (Jamie etc kept going to Yosemite and Utah, lucky bastards. Hard to be jealous though really, after being away for over a year and a half). Before we all heading off in different directions, Heather, Evan Jono and I stayed over night at Cass' place and we sent Ev off in style - getting him drunk and doing acrobatics in the backyard. The feeling of being surrounded by both Canadian friends and Australian friends at the same time was very wonderfully strange. A once in a life time experience.

Squamish treated Jono and I well. We spent a couple of days climbing with Tim, who camped out with us and then a couple more days climbing on our own and re doing and saying goodbye to all our favourite classic climbs. Two weeks ago, all I could think about was getting home, but now that that time is within near sight, I am getting a little sad to leave Squamish and Vancouver. The human mind is funny how it wants to attach itself to everything and desire simultaneous and incongruous realities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

boys in the backseatboys in the backseat
boys in the backseat

on the way in to Vancouver for a night out
crazy noodlescrazy noodles
crazy noodles

jumping out of bowls
Heather and I in the "pimp machine"Heather and I in the "pimp machine"
Heather and I in the "pimp machine"

We hired a Lincoln Town car ("upgraded from an "economy" car cause they did not have anything small left. This thing was huge. The actual car lowers when you turn the ignition off, and the drivers seat automatically goes into driving position when you turn it on.... it was very fancy!)
water front camping in Skahawater front camping in Skaha
water front camping in Skaha

Heather waiting for the rest of us lazy slackers to get out of bed
skahaskaha
skaha

this made me feel like drinking wine...


17th September 2008

Welcome to France!
Hello guys! I hope you enjoye the time in Canada. I am sur you did! Don't hesitate to spot in France before Australia.... I hope we will see you again soon: Australia, France or Canada??? Enjoy. Best Luck lolo

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb