Days 8 and 9 - Instructing


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Penticton
December 6th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have just had two of the most amazing days ever! We are on the snow at long last! Its seemed like an abosolute age from Monday when we had our training day! It felt a little bit wierd having two planks on my feet again but was soon back in the New York groove and Jack and I were soon shredding the gnar! We then went back to snow school and discovered we would be teaching one of the girls from the rental shop! It was me, Jack and a guy called Henrik from Denmark! After two hours she was turning both ways a wedge turn and was parralel across the slope! Most importantly she had a massive smile on her face which made us all feel amazing! We were then taken around the resort by Ted and showed the best places to ski and to take our clients! After finishing on the hill about 3.30 Dan, Jack, Josh, Dave Henrik and I all headed to the Gunbarrel (local ski bar) and got a bit merry before heading back to the hostel and continued to feast on some Old Milly until we were absolutley "magotted" as Jack likes to call it!

Waking up this morning at 7.30 wasn't great but I felt sorry for Dan who was taking a lesson with some of the Australians that are staying in the lodge! Jack and I went shredding for a bit first thing and managed to find the first fresh tracks of the season which was insane and felt great to be back hitting some fresh lines! After lunch we went off with Ted and James (Apex General Manager) who told us about some general do's and dont's on the mountain which NonStop had pretty much covered last year! So im now sat down in the hostel now having a few brewski's waiting for dinner to cook before we head out to the Gunbarrel to toast the new season! I also have my first lesson proper tomorrow and I'm super stoked and can't wait to start it! Family of four, all complete beginners so should be a wicked experience!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb