Peachland, BC, Canada


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

8th June Sunset8th June Sunset8th June Sunset

Looking out my window
Peachland
"Everydays a good day, some are just better than others."
Today was definitely one of the better ones. I woke up this morning with no plans and that was a good thing. On Sundays during the Spring and Summer, Peachland has a farmers market where vendors sell arts and crafts along with fruits and vegetables. Being early in the spring, today's market didn't have much to offer in the way of farming produce.
After the market, a stroll down beach avenue was in order. The beach i talk of is however a rocky, stony beach not a sandy beach that most people think of. However still beautiful none the less. Peachland sits on the shores of Lake Okanagan, a 135 kilometer long lake that sits in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. There are many docks along the shoreline as summertime is a perfect time of the year to get out on the lake in any type of floating device. Along the beach i came across a duck and her cute little babies playing and following their mother trying to find food. Such a good experience to see an animal caring and teaching their young.
Then to top it all
Another SunsetAnother SunsetAnother Sunset

Peachland, BC
off, when i got home, while i was playing out in the yard, 3 eagles were gliding around hunting for food. Such magical animals in the way fly and there amazing sounds. One even soared in over our house with its wings spread wide, they look even more menacing, i can't imagine what they would look like to a mouse.
Peachland, a wonderful little town, nestled in an amazing part of the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb