Planning Update... Vic Falls


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, it's still super early. But people are still interested I guess.... leaving in 7 weeks and 4 days!

I got my damned shots... OUCH! 6 needles all in the arm - not to mention prescriptions for Malaria Pills and Travellers Diarrhea (covered by extended health). Mar only needed 5.

It’s time to thank four people who’ve done TONS of work to help us get coordinated... man were we a mess! Sandra and Catrien from SA - thanks for everything! We’re looking forward to meeting up with ya guys in 9 weeks and 3 days - can ya believe it?!? To Alison and Anri (our FANTASTIC travel agents) - wow! If weren’t for your awesome work and energy, we wouldn’t be this close to leaving! THANK YOU!!!! (If you want their contact info, email me - I’ll pass it on! Alison’s in TO and Anri in Vancouver - TWO AWESOME LADYS!!!)

We decided to plan the Victoria Falls portion of the trip... we originally thought three nights but decided to cut it down to 2 since there seems to be one flight in and out of Livingstone to Johannesburg.

Some of you may not know but Victoria Falls is HUGE (about twice as wide and three times the size of Niagara Falls in Canada), it has a Zimbabwe side and a side in Zambia (Livingstone). We’re going to the Zambian side. Here’s a site...

Anri (ONE of our fabulous and amazing travel agents) hooked us up with a good deal in Vic Falls at a great hotel (judging by the website) including the African Queen Sunset Cruise. Shirl and I are gung-ho for a Microlight tour but Mar is still waffling about the idea (‘jam-tart’!!! - in her words). Shirley and I will get her into one... we have 2 months and I’m sure if we work on her hard enough, she wont wuss-out. We’re also looking into visiting Mukuni Village.

Special thanks to Catrien who got us a quote from the SA side!

After tenting a few nights on a safari, the hotel will be well deserved...

We’ll be fully paid next week... all that’s left is receiving the INCREDIBLY complicated and expensive VISAS... ouch! $375 for three visas.

Well, should go... nothing interesting otherwise - OH! Except that Shirley and I will FINALLY meet on the 18th after TONS of emailing.

Next up:
Visas and Tabitha and Shirley’s first meeting!


Advertisement



9th December 2005

Love the blog!
Out of curiousity ... how did the name Utatu come about and what does it mean? I am so excited for you all ... just be safe!
23rd January 2006

Utatu - Swahili for state of being triple or threefold.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb