Bubbles


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
October 25th 2016
Published: December 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Terreau fertileTerreau fertileTerreau fertile

Les endroits les plus inusités peuvent donner lieu aux plus belles transformations.
It’s interesting to hear what people see in travels. Not the « why” they travel in the mean of what drives them out in the world, but rather the “why” they see traveling as important. I’ve heard so many travellers speaking ill of non-travellers, especially toward their hometown, ancient friends, family... how much everything is still the same there, how much non-travellers don’t evolve and lack “experience”...

And at the same time, I see those bubbles around the globe. These small pockets of so-called travellers, living their praised “free” lives, gaining “true” experience.

An experience, they say, that is untainted by the eternal bullshit flow of mass medias, politics and boring routine. Not all, but still many, find refuge in these bubbles, where they live an ecstatic life, always busy, meeting new people and building up dreams. But I wonder; is it really that they have found solace in traveling, or is it more like they have found a place that they understand, where they’re understood? I don’t know.

But I’ve seems some of these bubbles, and heard the same over and over again. People living a buzzing life, sometime in one place, sometime moving. A life of
Changing worldChanging worldChanging world

Dans un monde qui s'effrite et brûle, les cycles en place recréent ce même monde, un peu mieux, un peu plus adapté.
jobs, compromises and relationships. A life so different that the one they would have had at “home”? I still do not know. But I feel that these travellers are finding more than just “what’s out there”. They find a grasp on an alienating world that they could not understand, because they where too much entangled in it. Could it be that their travels allow them to take a step back, rather than just a step out, and get a better look at this world? By moving in the world, you get the chance to start over, to be the person you want to be. Is traveling the only way to get this fix, this place we’re all looking for? I don’t think so, as so many seems to be genuinely happy where they are. But I thing that for some, the place where they grow, actually grows around and over them. They feel trapped, lack oxygen, can’t find purpose or control. Stepping back, while moving out, could provide this better understanding of their needs, and of the place they choose to call theirs.

It is not clear to me if this even makes sense. But I see so many
ChoixChoixChoix

Qui que l'on soit, où que l'on soit, peu importe ce que l'on recherche, notre parcours rencontrera des croisées de chemins. À nous de trouver lequel est le nôtre. Existe-t-il une mauvaise réponse?
people in these bubbles, in open rebellion against a lifestyle they tend to end up reproducing when they choose to settle down. This will remain a mystery.



Of course, not for all those who travel!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb