Alberta and the start of the Rockies


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lethbridge
July 23rd 2007
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled
Nathalie Vallee
We went to pick up Stacey's sister in Lethbridge, Alberta. I couldn't wait to see the rockies. But you couldn't really see them until about 1-2 hours away from them. It was really cool. I love the mountains. There are just so many of them. On the way to her Stacey's sister Mother-in-law's place, we stopped at the Frank Slide. In the beginning of the 1900s, a big part of a mountain fell on a village and covered it in rocks. Something like 70 people died. Then, we drove to Blairmore in the Crownest Pass, Alberta. We went to Stacey's sister's mother in law. There was a big get-together there in their family because of a "thunder in the Valley" firework in their hometown. They put on a firework show in the mountain. It was really cool. Although I've seen a lot of fireworks in my life, this one was pretty cool. The echo from the fireworks was soooo loud and they had some cool new fireworks I've never seen. We partied at Bonnie's (the mother-in-law). It was cool too. A lot of kids around. Stacey and I slept in the tent and the next morning, we left on our way to BC to their aunt's place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb