Saskatchewan


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan
July 20th 2007
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!

Sorry for not giving any news lately. I've been on the road like crazy since I got to Saskatchewan on Friday afternoon. I decided to split up my blog by province for now as I visited 3 provinces in 24 hours.

I arrived in Saskatoon on time. Stacey's dad was there to pick me up. I was kinda scared we wouldn't recognize each other since we only met once 2 years ago. But it was okay. We drove from Saskatoon to North Battlefort (Stacey's home town). Stacey and her mom were there waiting for us with the dinner ready. We ate and then left right away on the road. We had about 5-6 hours ride to do to get to Medicine Hat where we would sleep in the trailer in the parking lot of the Casino. I loved the scenery on the way. It was just so flat and beautiful. Nothing! Seriously. You see a house every couple kilometers. I took a lot and a lot of pictures. But it's kinda hard to get good quality when you're always in the truck on the road.

We didn't make it to Medicine Hat. There was a storm we were driving towards. So we stopped in this small Canyon valley where there was a camping site for really cheap. It was crazy. You would see lightening and light in the sky every 3 seconds. It was beautiful. We took out the camping chairs and sat there to watch the "lightening in the valley" but we only could stay there for 3 minutes as it started raining like crazy. It was the equivalent of 3 AM for me. We made it into the camper and slept. The next morning was only there I could really see how beautiful this place was. After breakfast, we drove to Medicine Hat and then to Lethbridge, Alberta, where Stacey's sister lives. So we didn't make it to the Casino parking lot, which is cool, cause I found out after it was right next to the highway. So we had a much calmer night in the canyon valley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb