Laura's Big Day Out


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
October 27th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greatings from my snowy mountain top. Yes that's right it has started to snow quite a bit lately. We actually have snow on the ground and it seems like it never stops snowing all day long. The aussies are absolutely loving it and I love watching them. They walk around with there heads in the air watching the snow fall all the while getting snowflakes in there eyes. It's very cute, not very smart but cute.
Anyways yesterday was my first day off so my friend Stacie and I hoped on the Brewster bus and headed in to Banff for the day. We were told that being in the middle of no where can drive you crazy after a while so fearing a mental break down we decided that a day of shopping was just what we needed. Banff is a huge city compared to Lake Louise hahaha it's actually pretty small but you wouldn't believe how small the village is here. We spent a wooping 9 hours walking around looking in all the ski shops and making a much needed trip to the pharmacy for cough medicine. We spent tons of money and finished the day with a couple appetizers and drinks at a restaurant. We contemplated staying the night because a couple friends of ours rented a hotel room at the banff springs but it was a boys night and we didn't want to break a man law by crashing it. Next time we go though we are definatley staying. It would be nice to hang out somewhere other then the staff pub every once in a while. Today was spent dying my friends hair and watching disney movies. NOt as exciting as the day before but great none the less. I also have put in an application to switch rooms. They say it shouldn't be a problem so as of tomorrow i'm moving up a floor to my friend Stacie's place and i'll be saying goodbye to sketchy roommate 1, 2 and 3. Well anyways that's all for now i'm sure i'll have more to say soon since I have another 3 days off after today. The hotel is dead and we have been getting three days off instead of two every week. I'm not complaining now but come pay check thursday i might be singing a different tune. Well that's all for now. Let me know what's happening in the home province if any of you get the chance.......

Advertisement



27th October 2006

I guess I missed it ???
Hi Sweetie Sounds like things are going well, however after reading some of the comments related to your blog, I believe I must not be receiving all of your emails. At least twice Aunt Janie makes reference to coming out west to visit with you, I am missing the emails where you asked her to come and visit. Sorry to hear about your small living quarters, you would have thought they would have had suites available for the dishwashing staff wouldn`t you, don`t hurt yourself when you give your head a shake. As for the other kids/young people getting mail and you not.......... It`s simple Laura, they have more and better friends than you. As for updates back home, you would have been proud of your daddy this week, he was on parliament hill (that is in OTTAWA Laura!) lobbying MP`s to support anti-scab legislation and it passed 162-103 or close to that. He was recognized as one of they key organizers. Another victory for the working class. Love, Uncle Mike, Aunt Donna and Cousin Spencer xo

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb