Onwards to Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
August 18th 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone We've had problems accessing the internet as been so busy doing exciting things!!!! (Where we are today we cant add photos as they are charging $5 for 15 mins so will do the best of them in an entry when we can.)

We left Red Deer and drove to Banff via the Columbia Icefields - what can we say apart from the fact that the scenery was absolutely stunning and we only hope that the photos we took can do it justice.

In Banff we took part in White Water Rafting, took the Gondola to the top of the mountain at sunset and also tried the hot springs. these had changed quite a lot from 1942 when Geoff visited them.

We also visited Lake Louise and Moraine Lake two absolutely beautiful bodies of water. There was evidence of grizzly bears but we didn't meet any!!!!!

The Rocky Mountaineer trip was out of this world with more gorgeous views and the only complaint was the lack of wildlife ( & Lars' jokes!!!) We also met some wonderful people and the memories will last a long time. (even if the wishes made coming over the bridge didnt immediately come true!) You will know who you are if you were there!!! Di did see a bear but as you had to have 2 more witnesses and no one else saw it - no one believed her!

Amazingly in the UK ospreys are very rare - on the mountaineer on one section there was a nest and birds on the nest on nearly every telegraph pole. We were told by the crew that a Golden Eagle flew over the train which Lou saw but we need to check this out. There were lots of bald eagles to be seen as well.

Today we have had a city tour (and bumped into Julie and Martin in their fab hire car!!! It's not often you turn around when someone beeps in another country and you find it really is for you!) and walked for miles and miles around the downtown shops and sights in Vancouver.

Tomorrow we are visiting Stanley park and hopefully enjoying more sunshine. Saturday we are off to Vancouver Island on the ferry.



Advertisement



21st August 2006

WHAT A TRIP
ENJOYED EVERY PART OF YOUR TRIP A VERY PROUD DAD LOVE TO YOU FROM LOUS DAD SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF PHOTOS AND VERBAL INFORMATION THE BLOG MADE IT FANTASICT LOVE DADXXXX

Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb