U18 Cricket Camp & Intertcity Challenge


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
July 11th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,

Just back a couple of days ago from 5 days in Edmonton running the Alberta U18 Cricket Camp & Intertcity Challenge. Had beautiful weather and and the standard of the try-outs was very good.

Did heaps of basic skill work, games, fitness testing. In a suprise I manage to see off all of the little buggers and run a respectable 12.9 on the beep, respect! Calgary posted a very competitive 235 on the first day, only to lose by 2 wickets to a very solid batting display by Edmonton. For game 2 we got sent in on a pitch that we would have bowled on, and got skittled for 125. The Edmonton batters & weather made hard work of it, but eventually crept over the line.

Now we have to pick an Alberta team to play the other provinces at the Canada cup held in August in Edmonton. Pity it wasn't Toronto or somewhere cause I might have got another trip out of it!

Spent some down time after camp/games at the west Ed mall, apparently its the worlds biggest mall. This place is ridiculously big, went there twice, didn't go into a single shop
RuRuRu

One of the other coaches at the camp Rathan
and still didn't see hardly any of it.

Its stampede week here this week, and Matt & I am sporting a very healthy looking beards that we intend to reduce to "so bad they're good" handle bar moustaches! Looking forward to shaving down, its been about 22 days and it is starting to bug me... Will have plenty of snaps for the upcoming week, everybody in town is wearing their cowboy hats and shirts & I plan to be another!

Cheers, Take care.

Abe




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

glow in the dark mini golfglow in the dark mini golf
glow in the dark mini golf

At West edmonton Mall, the worlds biggest...
Tough weekTough week
Tough week

Nice quiet trip back to Calgary...


12th July 2006

I didn't know Johnny Gastev moved to Canada after retiring from the west coast eagles!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb