The Bat & The Cat


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 27th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,

How doin, Yes it has been a while in between blogs, but with good reason, the weather has been far to good to be inside! Geez its warm aye, high 20's-low 30's all week, we are doin it tough (-;

Busy couple of weeks in cow gary, big couple coming up! Stampede starts July 7th and runs for 10 days straight. It is the biggest rodeo in the world (apparently) and the cities population will swell to ridiculous numbers. People literally stay at Hotels in Edmonton to come to the Calgary stampede. Should be off to watch some Chuck wagon races, bull riding etc which will be fun.

Have played a couple more games of cricket, both good wins for the team. Nothing more to be said about that, I mean come on, Rhonda is now giving me batting tips!!! 0 & 11 (insert laughter here...). Edward scissorhands would field better than most of these blokes but I still get run-out with the direct hit from square-leg with 1 stump to aim at. Yep. Gold.

School is now pretty much out which is nice, no more cricket clinics teaching the same thing over, & over, & over again. Spent my last week at French immersion school's, I always thought I would like the French accent, think again. Got some handy dollars together to help pay the rent & bills though so can't complain.

Headed out to a seedy little back alley nightclub last week to see a little band called the Cat Empire, and they turned on a ripper. Easily the best gig I have seen them play. It was just the basic band stripped back playing different versions on their songs. Got the US release of two shoes which has remix version of the Chariot, and a live DVD with lullaby, car song, sly etc on it. Awesome. Grant & Giavanna came with and had a great time despite the fact they didn't know any of the songs!

Enjoyed another Vipers game last weekend, 20-1 possibly wasn't the scoreline they were looking for but we still had a good time. They are aboot as good as the Dons apparently (still just the one win aye, guess the blues are only twice as good!)

Hit the batting cages last night with Grant & Matt, they are just on the edge of the
Crouching Tiger Hidden DagCrouching Tiger Hidden DagCrouching Tiger Hidden Dag

Pity Matt didn't trip, would've made a good pic...
city nestled beneath the 1988 winter olympics ski jump and slalom course. Hitting the ball at around 80mph, generally it pitches strikes over the plate, but 2/20 will either be a change up low and slow OR the baby killer that comes in high and inside. Thank god I'm a lefty cause G & Matt were copping a peppering!

Help out with the City team (open mens) against Edmonton last weekend taking warm-ups etc. The boys won the series 1-0 after a washout, and I got a funky shirt that is a throwback to the late 70's. Hit the Saddledome for some cheap flames and hitmen stuff as well, got some bargains! Got an U19 cricket camp to organise ahead of the Canada cup early August so will be busy with that in the coming weeks.

Also been watching the world cup cause it is on during the day which is nice, Socceroos got ripped this morning, devastating!

Hope the footy is goin good Buck; Bub is well Matt & V; Holiday's have been fun Donna, Rik, Poo; Stuc has finished her big written exam, just a prac one to finish before she starts the course proper!
Abe, Amanda & LynAbe, Amanda & LynAbe, Amanda & Lyn

On Lake Louise from Grant's boat...
Gotta Go, take care!





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

ChippyChippy
Chippy

"What are you looking at then? did you get your eyes for christmas???" (see big Maori from once were warriors)
BreakdownBreakdown
Breakdown

Trust me, I know what I'm doing! Why you laughing J???
We are in there somewhere!!!We are in there somewhere!!!
We are in there somewhere!!!

The crowd at the warehouse.
80 mph80 mph
80 mph

Bring it!
Nice swingNice swing
Nice swing

I'm modelling my swing on sweet swinging D Ortiez from the Boston Red Sox...
No CommentNo Comment
No Comment

Matt had little to say to the media after nearly losing a generation of off spring...
No ThanksNo Thanks
No Thanks

The ski jump in the distance...


10th July 2006

gday mate did ya get that text i sent ya the other day dont know wheather i sent it to the right number or not. hope everything is going well. anyway have a good an talk to ya later. catch ya gordo

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb