West Edmonton Mall


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
May 17th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So this morning I bid farewell to the Canadian Rockies and it wasn't a nice very nice morning. Was cold and wet in Jasper so I was happy to get away. Went for a coffee run at Bear's Paw Bakery and did take out this time and this server made a much better coffee than yesterday's server.

The past 4 days in the heart of the Rockies has been quite uplifting for me. Some majestic scenery, the peace and tranquility and the friendliness of everybody I met meant it has been an invigorating few days and I can honestly say that my mind has been completely worry free.

i killed a bit of time back in the hotel as I didn't want to leave too early as it was only about 3 hours to Edmonton and didn't want to be too early and not being able to check-in. Arrived at my hotel at 2pm and was told rooms weren't ready yet so I decided to do a quick scouting mission to the (in)famous West Edmonton Mall. This mall used to hold the title for being the largest mall in the world and you can quickly see why. Shops ahoy, there is a casino, an ice rink, a replica ship, aquarium, amusement park, water park, bingo hall, shooting range, IMAX, cinema complex, 2 putt putt golf courses, radio station, police station, numerous eateries and many other things I can't recall at the moment.The mall is like a self-contained suburb.

Returned to the hotel to check-in and the girl at the front desk used to work in Australia and after a quick chat I ended up in a upgraded King room which turned out to be very spacious. I'm liking this hotel already, appears modern and clean. Has fast wifi, free breakfast and free parking, best deal so far in Canada. After getting comfortable and calling home, I ended back at the mall and did some window shopping, took a few photos and had dinner at a modern Vietnamese joint which was pricey but decent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

WEMWEM
WEM

Hoang Long restaurant


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb