Sports day!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 26th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Stack the CupsStack the CupsStack the Cups

Jase taking part in the "stack the cups" game. Basically a relay where on the way up you stack piles of cups into pyramids, then put them back into piles on the way back. Jase's team won!
Ok, so today we woke up early (a whole 9am-ish!) and went to Bev's (that's Lora's Mum) school for SPORTS DAY!

Basically because its the last week of the school year over here, they have a whole afternoon of outdoor games. The kids are divided into two teams within their classes and move around on a circuit of games and activities run by parents.

Apparently "4/5 Hall-Zerebecki" was really excited to meet us, they were REALLY keen for us to join in, and we got a flag and some pins from them! We had some lunch with them (grilled hotdogs) and well... we'll let the photos speak for themselves!

All in all it was a great day! Exhausting but great!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Obstacle CourseObstacle Course
Obstacle Course

Jase on part one of the obstacle course. You get through the tires, run up a hill, do 5 jumping-jacks (star-jumps), run down the hill, and jump over some exercise steps. Good fun!
Obstacle Course (again)Obstacle Course (again)
Obstacle Course (again)

Kat gives it a go...
Tug-O-WarTug-O-War
Tug-O-War

An oldie but a goodie! Fun Fun! Man these kids were strong!
(twist on the) Three-Legged Race(twist on the) Three-Legged Race
(twist on the) Three-Legged Race

This is Kat and a little chicky called Tori. The way this one worked was to link arms back to back and race up and back. The trick was to skip sideways...
(twist on the) Three-Legged Race (again)(twist on the) Three-Legged Race (again)
(twist on the) Three-Legged Race (again)

And Jase and some random bossy kid give it a go...
! ! CHICKEN GAME ! !! ! CHICKEN GAME ! !
! ! CHICKEN GAME ! !

This was the COOLEST game ever! Teams stand at either end of a court with a rope and piles of rubber chickens down the middle. When the whistle blows you've got to throw the chickens (underarm - safety first!) over the rope to the other team's side. When time is up, the team with the least chickens on their side wins! (NOTE THE CHICKEN FLYING THROUGH THE AIR!!)
Rubber ChickensRubber Chickens
Rubber Chickens

Jase and Kat show the rubber chickens involved...
Rubber... Piglets?Rubber... Piglets?
Rubber... Piglets?

Lora and Kat find some random piglets amongst the chickens...!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.4kb