My Final Score Update!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
May 16th 2006
Published: May 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yep, this is the last time I will be updating my cricket progress because I am making none!

Ab Moore Ct Sneaky Keeper LEAVING a ball outside off stump for 8... Don't leave the ball and get caught behind you idiot. Changing to plan II (The Huss-enator approach) which involves the aerial route straight back over the bowlers head, having seen some of the catching I will back myself! Cavs are 0 and 2 despite being a better team, check out the link if interested...

http://www.sportstatz.com/ss/linkreport.asp?club=233&mode=100&match=650

http://www.sportstatz.com/ss/linkreport.asp?club=233&mode=100&match=652

Anyway, have taken up Cup stacking, which I purchased at the HPE conference I attended a couple of weeks ago. So addictive, got my 3-6-3 stack time down to 5.56 secs, Very exciting!

Hit a local mexican restaurant on the weekend for one of the guys suprise birthday party, good stuff. Followed up tea by heading to Tantra, the local nitespot for the beautiful people, lots of doof doof! Cavs skipper Mukul got us straight in avoiding lines, cover charge and metal detectors... Not really Matt (my kiwi housemates) & my bag but good for a look. Retreated back the local pub for a quiet one afterwards.

Driving
Chess ManChess ManChess Man

Shep playing chess in Calgary...
(uh oh!) up to Edmonton this long-weekend, about 3 hours north it is Alberta's capital city. Will be 'coaching' the U23 Alberta team against 3 other provinces, should be interesting. The Edmonton oilers are still in the Ice Hockey playoffs so we are on their bandwagon now, GO OILERS! Hopefully will get a chance to have a look around, 2nd biggest mall in North America, Whyte Ave is where all the Hockey tragics hangout on game night etc.

Went up the Calgary tower yesterday for a look, Dion it was like the "Giant Drop" at dreamworld all over again. I just don't dig the heights. I was sweating in the elevator on the way up! Anyway, got some good pics, couldn't bring myself to stand on the GLASS FLOOR, are you kidding me, I didn't get within aboot 3 metres of the damn glass floor...

Just a lazy 30 degrees here today, outlook for the rest of the week is the same, hope weather is good at home he he he. The Calgary Vipers baseball team start playing on Thursday, so hopefully will go for a look with some of the guys. Don't play cricket for another 3
DowntownDowntownDowntown

Calgary tower which I went up!
weeks, so plenty of time to think about my failings & plan a trip up to Banff.

Congrats to Brett & Jasmine on their engagement, excellent stuff. Looking forward to the bucks night...

Ciao

P.S. Thanks Shep, looking forward to that flat of Kokanee (block of flats was it???) GO BLUES!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Tower PhotoTower Photo
Tower Photo

View from the top...
Tower Photo IITower Photo II
Tower Photo II

View from the top...
Saddledome & SWSaddledome & SW
Saddledome & SW

View from Calgary Tower over the Saddledome, built for the 1988 winter olympics & home to the flames...
City View from hillCity View from hill
City View from hill

This is the view of the city from atop a hill about 5 minutes walk from home...
GO BLUES!!!GO BLUES!!!
GO BLUES!!!

Flat O beer for me!


22nd May 2006

Eating well
Judging by the photo of you with that ugly bloody blues jumper on i can see why you did'nt want to tread on the glass floor. Obviously eating pretty well mate!!! Not sure you would be allowed on it anyway, they would have to have a max weight limit would'nt they? As for your block of flats or whatever the hell it's called, i got a nice cold carton of Fosters Light Ice waiting in the shed for you. It would appear your club recruited the wrong brother, maybe we should send custard over to score a few runs for you. Keep up the good work run machine!!!
22nd May 2006

Just like home
Geez mate, leaving the ball outside off, getting caught behind, sounds just like when you play over here. The only thing missing is you don't have M Routa running in telling you your an oxigen theif!!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb