Boy your neck is rough


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
May 15th 2009
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As the saying goes: Time flies when you're having fun or when you strap a watch to a pigeon or throw a grandfather clock off a high rise or ... What I'm trying to say I guess is that our time in Canada was about up. I finished my work at SAIT polytechnic, and was treated to a farewell lunch, I really enjoyed my time working there, the people were just so nice. Nicola also enjoyed her time at Mark Staffing where she was a jack of all trades, undertaking recruitment, sales and accounting. Good for the old CV.

On our final Friday of work we met up with some of the friends we'd made over the past year and had some beers at our local haunt The Unicorn. We played darts, ate good old pub grub and no doubt talked a bit of nonsense.

We then decided last minute to go and watch the Calgary Roughnecks Lacrosse team who were playing in the North American finals against New York at the Saddledome. So we hooned down, got tickets and were treated to a fantastic display. The Roughnecks (Not sure how they got their name? - How rough are their necks? Like sandpaper or something?) won a tightly contested game, scoring late in the game to clinch the game 12-10 and lift the trophy.

For good measure we headed back to the Unicorn for post match celebrations and to say our goodbyes. Thanks to all our friends and work mates in Canada and especially to Brenton and Jenn, Niamh and Paul, Millie and Ryan, Sam and of course to Tina and Scott for making our stay in Calgary such a memorable one. You've all got a place to stay in NZ if you ever head over this way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb