Calgary


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 11th 2018
Published: June 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Checked out of the Blue Horizon Hotel this morning, has been a lovely stay - the room was quite spacious, cafe had great food and was reasonably priced, and it was very conveniently located.

Flight to Calgary was short - 1 hr, nice views of Vancouver as we left (and of course the sun is shining), and over mountains (not sure which ones) along the way.

Checked in to the Westin in downtown Calgary, (have gone upmarket, but downsized) then decided to go for a walk to Prince's Island Park, a short distance from the hotel. It is on an island in the Bow River, lots of trees, ducks and ducklings!

Then we had to attend a welcome reception for our bus tour, drinks, pretzels and chips, and the 39 other people on the tour. It appears that we are (well Trina is) the spring chickens of the group, and the token Aussies. Bad news is we have to have our bags outside the door at 6.45am tomorrow morning!

After getting advice from the hotel staff, we walked in the opposite direction (from the park) looking for dinner - found Earls, and had tacos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb