Mind power, human machine


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
November 5th 2015
Published: November 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Mont-Royal in its best timeMont-Royal in its best timeMont-Royal in its best time

Montréal has my heart, or at least a big chunk of it. I never feel misplaced when I wander in its streets, enjoying the warm vibe of the city. Not only does most of my closest friends live there, but this place as seen me through my best and worst experiences. I do not know if I'll ever live there again, but I will never replace it in my love.
Get ‘em out by Friday-Genesis

The thing is; I don’t like talking about Politic.
But people assume the opposite when I tell them I studied geopolitics in cégep.
It brings me down; like any other sensible being.
It gets so confusing so fast, trying to keep straight who has done what, and it is even worse when you try to tie why to who’s gain. The majority of the people I try to maintain a level headed conversation on high impact decisions and means of power with, end up getting biased; parents will put economics and affordability first, dreaming activists will try to push what they take as a forgotten priority while setting the rest aside, frustrated easily-impressed mind will follow the most convincing underdog, forgetting their on reflexions on the line, hard workers will put the working class on a pedestal and claim it is the only way to go… It is pretty hard to remain calm. It is really difficult to no let your emotions take over when you look at your lack of control, when you look at the whole horror scene longer than your heart would want you.

Human beings tend to like company of
Uncommon friendshipsUncommon friendshipsUncommon friendships

Just pure guenuine connection, with no acting and no shame. Some people just shine with goodness and make me believe in the beauty of the human spirit.
others. Building something with others always fulfil some kind of basic need; to be understood, to share and be co-dependant. Societies are built on the need to survive together and help each other to remain stable and grow. As much as those groups grow, as many different ideas emerge. If the common man strive for the well being of his close surrounding, his family, his clan; he also will run toward individuality and recognition when he feels lost in the bigger group. Selfishness shines in bigger civilization that fail to value its members, fails to keep the humane aspect in its optic.
Politics are meant to see to the maintenance and growth of the mass they define. It was by logic than men realized they needed someone to tell fair from unfair, to set boundaries all could agree on or at least understand. Trying to remain equal to one another in big groups is beyond most of us; it is easy to see that a higher voice agreed on simplifies bargains, cuts short to pissing contests.
So politics were discussed, important matters were brought forward, solutions and impacts were studied and decisions were taken. For the sake of the collectivity,
Square St-Louis, MontréalSquare St-Louis, MontréalSquare St-Louis, Montréal

The beauty of the northern hemisphere is easier to enjoy on a bike seat.
structures have been built and sacrifice have been made.
But as time went by, the need for survival evolved. After taking care of the need for food with super-markets and industries; after caring for the survival opposed to nature with constructions and technologies; after protecting population once and for all against wilderness; why would we need each other anymore? We know how to survive, we understand the conditions in which we live and how to deal with them. Food is easily accessed and wastes are being taking care of. This is it mates, we are up on top of the chain and we know it. Congrats.
But it is not all. Man as created markets, money and industries to regulate his exchanges and even though it can get complex it is simple in its basics. I need your service, you set a price and I work for it. Makes sense.
But money has grown into a goal instead of a mean to an end. Praying on mans tendency to aim for its own benefit, industries are creating needs and modifying the ways of living, making them commercial, material and most of all: buyable.
You’d have to be blind or a
Room with a view, BanffRoom with a view, BanffRoom with a view, Banff

Happy to be here for a while. The moutains make it feel like another world completely, and winter is slowly setting in. I haven't travel far or long, but it feels like my eyes are always drawn back North.
fool to say that governments are still striving for the growth of society, that they are still looking after the needs of the majority and listening to the society that once invented them out of survival, collectivity needs. Deals are struck, laws are being demolished and drawn in over complicated ways not meant to be fully grasped by all. Why would you need a professional to simply read the conditions in which you are agreeing to work. Workers are being used and abused in terms they do not read correctly and treated as fuel for the economy. But fuel is not living.
The system as lost its design along the way. What was once meant for the living is now spinning at the rhythm of the machines. If you are not productive enough, if you are not worth the waste of time/money for the company, you won’t be warned, you’ll be spit out and replaced. Selling your lifetime wont buy you heaven on your days off.
You try to stay aware, to understand what’s happening the world, this huge distant cousin of society: the whole word on your newsfeed. Nothing is going right, wars, poverty, natural disasters and injustices are constantly striking. The world is your collectivity; you can relate to those ordinary people and your need to do something gets back out. For this city in which you are left on your own, you now connect on this one-on-one daily basis of saddening news. Your group is scattered on the whole planet, but they are simple man like you, you can relate.

What I mean to say is that your diplomas, your job, your possessions should not define you. A chain production has for only goal to make the same thing over and over again so that you and I will buy it, so that the industry is being fed. Things are not meant for their use anymore; they are made to break or be updated at a crazy ever running rhythm. Yes it is cheaper. It is also a lie, a plain trick.
I aim to interact with living beings only or as much as I still can. I often see people getting flattered by the interest I hold in their well being, in the way I try to better myself from the things they can teach me. I go back to the old ways; when people had to talk to each other, had to reason their way out of troubles, had to live and not only sell their time for stuff. It is more risky, but it is less scary, more organic, easier to understand.
It is also only active on a really small scale. But for everyone I love and care for fully you spark in their mind the wonders of human contact, control of your surroundings and plain simple life.
That’s why I do not feel like politics are my business anymore. They do not care nor listen to me, instead of fighting Goliath I decided to help Sysyphus off the mountain.
Small moves, great learnings and nothing as grand as living. I’d rather help clean an organic chicken coop than play the game.

Why can't I be you - The Cure

Advertisement



Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb