Banff Trail - Mountain Biking


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
September 8th 2009
Published: September 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The TrailThe TrailThe Trail

Roots, bumps & roots
Mointain biking - Starting at the Nordic Centre again, i like it there !

There is a trail that runs from Canmore to Banff, funnily enough it is called the Banff trail, at least for part of it anyway.

I had heard that it is more difficult than the Goats Creek trail, the one i did the other day and would take me a little longer. The beginning of the trail runs the length of the Nordic centre area and then becomes the Rundle trail, with the Rundle mountain on the left side all the way. After you leave the Nordic area the trail is basically a narrow track through the trees, the trail drops down towards the Bow river and then undualtes along side it all the way. The trail was fairly dry but very bumpy with lots of tree roots in the path, instead of being call the Banff trail i think it would be better to rename it the "nutcracker" or the John Wayne" ... you know what i mean.

There were a few "bear in the area" signs, this helped me to keep going as i didn't want to be a bear snack that
Bow RiverBow RiverBow River

Stppoed for a breather & a photo
afternoon.

I arrived at the Banff Springs Hotel in just over two hours of boneshaking in what was still an enjoyable afternoon run despite the bumps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The EndThe End
The End

The end was at the trail car park at the Banff Springs


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb