RV Trip - Banff National Park - Final Entry


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Glacier National Park on Thursday morning and went north into Alberta, Canada. We traveled about 5 hours and entered Banff National Park. We stayed at Fairmont Chateau, Lake Louise which was awesome! The hotel is nested in between beautiful mountains, which had glaciers on them and sits right on Lake Louise.

Caroline got her first horse ride by herself! Over the last two weeks, we’ve tried multiple times to take Caroline on a horse ride and this was our last chance. When we walked up to the stables at the Fairmont and they said that you had to be 8 years old (Caroline is 5). The wrangler looked at Caroline and said “but you look big enough”. She was so excited!!!! She did a great job with her horse named Kidd and I’m sure she would be glad to tell you about her first horse ride.

We spent two days at the hotel and took some hikes and went on a picnic. From there, we started our trek back to Spokane, WA on Saturday. We spent the night at a hotel and got up early to catch a 5:50AM flight home.

This has been one of the best vacations/excursions we have ever been on. It has been great to see parts of the country we have never seen, spend quality “together” time with the family, spend fun times with relatives, hike, see wildlife, eat great food, relax and enjoy ourselves. I would recommend it to anyone! We all are disappointed that it is coming to an end, but I think we are all ready to sleep in our own beds. I hope you have enjoyed coming along for the ride!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th July 2008

Fantastic!
Thanks so much for letting us come along on your vacation - the pictures and blog were great. Can't wait to see you in person and hear all about it.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb